Does WKUD Have A Leak Adjustment Policy?
West Knox Utility District understands the undue burden an unexpected leak can cause for our customers. For that reason West Knox Utility District policy does allow for an annual courtesy leak adjustment to be awarded to a customers account , provided that all criteria and eligibility requirements have been met. At the discretion of West Knox Utility District, a standard adjustment of one month may be allowed in the case of unusually high water usage during the month in question, if requested by the customer in writing. No customer shall receive more than one adjustment in a twelve month period. Unfortunately, no adjustments will be given for the use of water to fill swimming pools, water lawns, wash cars, or other such decisional usage by the customer. In order to be considered for an annual courtesy adjustment, there are certain criteria and requirements which must be met in order to submit a leak adjustment request. Please see the following:
- The building structure must be at least 12 months old.
- A valid receipt of plumbing repair service or items purchased for the plumbing repair may be required at the time the adjustment is considered.
- To be eligible for such an adjustment, the customer must otherwise have a zero balance, excepting the month or months in question.
- The District will not be obligated to make any adjustment of bills not contested within 90 days.
- No customer shall receive more than one adjustment in a twelve (12) month period.
How Is My Adjustment Calculated?
A standard adjustment will be calculated by averaging the customer's previous 12 month usage (not monetary amount). If the 12 months usage history is not available, then a minimum of 6 months usage will be used. The amount of the month in question over the computed average will be reduced by fifty percent (50%). The customer will pay for fifty percent (50%) of the overage plus an average bill for that customer. To be eligible for such an adjustment, the customer must otherwise have a zero balance, excepting the month or two months in question.
**For any questions reagrding this policy or adjustment process, please contact customer service at 865-690-2521. All above referenced policy statements may be verified on page 90 of the West Knox Utility District Policy and Procedure Manual.